Friday, September 17, 2010

ATAPI incompatible?

I own been trying to installing a cd writer. When I plug within the cdrw drive. I get a message sec slave drive atapi incompatible message. What is the problem? I enjoy tried a new cdrw drive and a used one. I catch the same message regardless. Do I involve to change the settle cable? The ide port is built into the motherboard.

ATAPI incompatible?

If your MB is an elder version you may to acquire another MB. There are, to date, 9 ATAPI versions that I know of. They are to the rear compatible but not forward compatibly, i.e. if your MB is ATAPI5 then it will not run ATAPI6 and above devices. Also, construct sure that you install the drivers that came near your drive. Hey, these folks have get to get their money somehow. I don't focus it is your cable, the 80pin EIDE cable is not needed for any ATAPI device that I know of. See if you can "flash" you MB BIOS. Go to the MB businesswoman and search for your board. You will probably hold to take you cover stale and look, hopefully your PC is not a general entrepreneur because they hide that information. If it is, Dell, HP, etc, travel to their website and look for your PC.

Good luck.
try to change both settle cable and ide port on mother board...if working you are not lucky...maybe a bios upgrade would relieve...or if not a motherboad upgrade

No comments:

Post a Comment