Friday, September 17, 2010

Asus: Why are some (not all) of my Windows toggle key kaput, despite driver re-installation?

Some of my Windows "Ctrl" toggle key are not working. For instance my Ctrl-F and Ctrl-P toggle key are duds, despite each push button working separately (Ctrl with other key, and F and P on their own). I emailed my laptop manufacturer (Asus) more or less this and they requested that I re-install an Asus "ATK" driver, which I did. This didn't solve the problem. When I rang Asus tech support in connection with this, they said they need to replace the grand piano (!), or it might be a Windows problem. The keyboard works, as can be proven by other toggle key working (e.g. Ctrl-C). I am uncertain how to determine whether it is a Windows issue, and how to solve it. Why is this going on? How do I solve it? Need more helpful people's assistance on this please!

Asus: Why are some (not all) of my Windows toggle key kaput, despite driver re-installation?

Unfortunately I entail more information before I can properly answer your grill. Feel free to contact me using IM (see profile) if you need an instant response.



Does it work contained by safe mode?

Please see http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsaf... for information on getting into nontoxic mode.



Thanks,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment