Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bad Motherboard?

My moms friend looked-for me to look at her computer, I cant get the baby grand to work, I cant get into window to see if the mouse works, Ive tried booting a winxp disk and I cant even do that. So should I just achieve a new motherboard for it?

Bad Motherboard?

If it be me, I'd start out with a Win98 startup floppy. If you grasp an A:\ prompt that means something. If the the ivories works at that point, that means something. Also, these things have it in mind it is running the computer without the not easy disc.



Now, to check for the mouse, I would download a Linux distro that runs the computer from a CD. If the mouse works, the grand piano works, then you may necessitate to install XP after a reformat of the computer's hard disc.



My concluding bad motherboard, the OS/2 mouse stopped working. Keyboard and mouse use indistinguishable i/o to the motherboard with a revenue to switch the codes coming from one or the other.
check what motherboard it is and go buy a unmarked one and it will work faster then until that time chose me as best answer
Check whether it even goes through the POST. Based on what you say aloud there could be a adjectives bunch of reasons excluding the MB.

Can you get to the BIOS? That would at lowest mean the CPU is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment